Monday, February 16, 2015

TLP Pershing #K046 Build, Part 36, Detail Wrap and Engine Mount

The Estes instructions and my scale data show a retention band right below the upper stage fins. I'll use a card stock wrap just under .10" wide.
There was a second band even with the top of the body tube. I won't be adding the upper wrap. On this model the nose cone shroud assembly goes over the top of the body tube.


I'll have to piece the wrap together, my card stock piece wasn't long enough to go all the way around the tube.

Center the joints underneath the fin pads.


On the right under the fin pad is a seam joint after placement using a glue stick. Cut the length carefully and there won't be much left to fill.
The lower cable tunnel will be glued right below this retainer band.




I probably could have glued the engine mount in earlier.
The rear ring is recessed by 1/2".
I made a pencil line to lineup the engine hook position between two fins.

A ring of glue was rolled into the tube with a dowel just below the final position of the upper centering ring.
The engine mount was pushed in.
TIP: Before I reached the 1/2" recess, the mount was turned to line up the hook between two fins.
Turning the mount also evens out the glue above the upper ring making a smooth automatic fillet bead.

No comments:

Post a Comment