Sunday, February 22, 2015

Show Business Isn't Pretty!

I did a show in Lake Placid, Florida on the evening of February 21.
It's Sunday, the next day and I haven't even unloaded my car yet.

I've started painting the white undercoats on the Pershing and I get a frantic phone call from my agent:
"Chris, where are you? You've got a show in 15 minutes at Lazy Days in Fort Myers!"
She asked: "How long would it take you to get to the show?"
My response: "It's about a 3 1/2 hour drive!".

Here's the email from my agent from last December 29 - 
Chris,
"It looks like Lazy Days may need to cancel the show on Feb. 22nd. They have a conflict with a number of people away from the park on a cruise.
I'll let you know."

My response: 
"I understand these things can happen.
Let me know if they are interested in re-scheduling the show."
Thanks!
Chris Michaels 

In a later phone call: According to my agency, the client told her in December the show was cancelled. The client doesn't remember ever saying that. 
The venue management is mad at me and the agency. Neither of us will probably ever work for them again!
EDIT: The agency called, the venue wants to re-book the show on Sunday March 1!

No comments:

Post a Comment