Sunday, February 1, 2015

RMS? Whaa . . .




I know, I've gone over to the dark side.

Not really, I had launched a few Enerjet E engines in the late 1970s.
I ordered this 24/40 reloadable engine casing for use in some heavier models that need something more than a black powder D12.

These engines have to be assembled and there are quite a few parts.
On the right is a three pack, of E18-4w reload engines
I did run across this video by TRFer gdjsky01 and it helps:
CLICK HERE

Like Aerotech claims, after you buy the casing the reloads are cheaper than the 24 and 29mm black powder engines.
I've learned not to talk to people when they are assembling these engines.
So at an upcoming club launch you see me putting one together, give me a minute - or two!

3 comments:

  1. "Welcome to a broader universe!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tim,
      I still haven't used it yet! I will, I bought it for the TLP Pershing which is a shelf queen for now.

      Delete
  2. I'd really love to have one of those Pershings, I very much enjoyed reading your build. I don't build kits much these days, except maybe the old classic re-releases - but I might just get one and build it! Reminds me of the Estes Maxi-Brute we had when I was on camp staff in 1977.

    I've burned a lot of 24/40 and 29/40-120 reloads; good stuff, give 'em try! I love the variety of propellants.

    ReplyDelete