Monday, January 7, 2019

Estes Orbital Transport, Kit #K-42, Part 17, More Fins & Pre-Paint



I used the old kit marking template for the wing fin positions.
Pencil marks were made in three different locations by sliding the template down the main tube.



There's not much filler/primer after sanding.
Some 400 grit was wrapped around a Q-tip for cushioned sanding down the pencil line.



The smaller wing fences and and larger rudders are glued on.
I used my small machine square again to make sure they were perpendicular to the wing surface.

I still haven't glued on the scramjet assemblies yet. I wanted to hit it with a light coat of gloss white before gluing to the underside of the wings. There are many inside surfaces that would be hard to get a good coat of paint.


The glider is ready to be painted.
The nose cone was left off so I could slide a painting dowel in the front end of the glider.
The nose cone shoulder was masked off and painted separately.

No comments:

Post a Comment