Wednesday, January 23, 2019

OR Spaced Needle Build, Part 9, Trim Strips




Some strips were cut from Monokote chrome trim and Contact Paper blackboard covering material.





I did some test fitting on a scrap piece of BT-200 to check the visual width and spacing before placing the trim on the model.

I tend to leave some of the backing paper on the strip as I transfer to the model. This keeps your fingerprints, dirt and lint off the sticky side before it is on the rocket.







The strips were alternated black then chrome.


An aluminum angle was set on the tube to check and be sure the strips were on straight before final burnishing.






Originally I set all the strips at the same distance from the ends of the tubes at the start of the orange color mask. (See two pictures above)

I found it more interesting to break up the strips and go over the orange color mask line.

No comments:

Post a Comment