Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Estes Vanguard Eagle, Kit # 2193, Part 5, Ends and Edges



The small forward fins are laser cut into some stiff 3/32" balsa.

The instructions say to sand the edges square but I decided to round the leading edges.








I don't know what caused it, but the ends of the body tubes are turning brown. I thought at first the brown edges were from laser cutting but there was no charring.






The clay is cut in half. One half goes in each nose cone side.

The halves are glued together and rubber band wraps hold it tight as the glue dries.



On the lower left are the larger nozzles that glue to the fin can. There are eight larger nozzles in total.

At first I thought the tiny nose cone nozzles were some plastic flashing. I almost threw two of them away! They are so small it will require tweezers to position and glue in place. All the nozzles were in a small bag, separated and not on trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment