Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Big Order and Next Build!

Estes has lowered the prices of it's Saturn V kit by 20%.
On the Estes website, that puts the price down to $80.00 retail.

I did some online searching and found the kit for under $50.00!
I ordered two, along with some nose cones and engines. This brought the order total to just over $100.00 to qualify for free shipping.

If you aren't familiar with this version of the Saturn V, it's a combination of parts from both the Estes and Centuri kits.

This version has the Estes escape plastic tower and engine bells.
From the Centuri side, it has the vacuform body wraps.
I'd always wanted the Centuri Saturn V but it was $5.00 to $10.00 more than the Estes kit.

I've built two of the Estes Saturns in the 1970s.
This time I hope to do it right.
Keep following the blog to see this one put together.

No comments:

Post a Comment