Saturday, April 9, 2011

Starlight Jayhawk Build Part 22 Nose Cone Masking


When the ring reached the color separation point, it was slid down fairly tight against the nose cone surface.

Not too tight - I didn't want the ring to mark up or scratch the white paint.

The back white side of the nose cone was masked off.

When spraying the black I first concentrated on just the tip, keeping the line of paint away from the centering ring mask.

I then came back and sprayed nearer the centering ring. I sprayed directly over the outside edge of the ring, from the side.

In painting the tip first, I wouldn't have to do any more spraying from the tip back and running the risk of the paint getting under the ring edge.

Because this isn't a real masking medium, I didn't want to take any chances with paint going under the ring.

1 comment: