Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Starlight Jayhawk Build Part 17 Canard Placement

To get a "near" correct position of the canards, I looked at the old Centuri Magnum instruction drawings.
I kept messing with the enlargement until I got it to match the length of the model. Notice the diameter of the Jayhawk screen drawing is wider than the model.

This gave me a good idea of where to mount the canards on the nose cone instead of farther down on the body tube.



The root edge of the canards had to have a slight sanding to match curve of the nose cone.







I decided to use a cut needle set into the root edge of the canards for some support.


A hole was drilled through the wall of the nose cone to accept the needle

2 comments:

  1. To get the correct position of the canards, I compared my nose cone to your nose cone in part 23 of this build. I just used CTRL-- (minus) to reduce my screen so our nose cones sizes matched.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Scott,
      Enlarging and reducing a screen image is sometimes the easiest way to size things. Thanks for the "Control -" thing, I just learned a new shortcut!

      Delete