Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Refinishing the Centurion Part 3

After fillets and a little sanding, here's the end result.
I wouldn't normally use epoxy on a low power model, but I was happy with the look.

There's a little orange peel in the finish, but that should come out after some rubbing and polishing compound.






This is the upper launch lug with the same thick fillet.





You've got to love an easy mask!

The upper and lower tubes are glued together over the baffle coupler. This point is also the black and white color separation and mask line.
The lower half was masked with clear Scotch tape and then masking tape over a grocery bag.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Lonnie!
    I don't think I'd want to do epoxy on a LPR rocket again. Epoxy certainly has it's place, but I can get rounded fillets with many passes of white glue fillets.

    ReplyDelete