Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Semroc Defender Build Part 1 Parts

This is another one of those "one day" rockets.
I first saw it in the Centuri catalog when I got started back in 1969. I thought it was a big model back then.
A three engine cluster and almost two feet long!

Back then it was expensive at $3.50. That was a lot of newspapers to throw.
It still reminds me of a Saturn 1B.
The three ST-7 engine tubes are exposed between ST-16 upper and lower segments.
Every review I've read says to plan ahead and paint the engine tubes before assembly.
The long fin strips (far upper right) go between the three engine tubes. They'll also have to be painted before the ST-16 segments are glued on.

Parts of interest:
Two 12" parachutes, I've always liked the way two or three parachutes look at recovery.
The centering ring is cut to divert the ejection gasses into the upper ST-16 tube.
The clay weight will go into the top, smallest ST-530 tube.
This model carries a three different body tube diameters joined by two balsa adapters.

No comments:

Post a Comment