Saturday, November 26, 2011

Semroc Defender Build Part 22 Ends and Edges




Here's how the back end lined up and glue was applied at all motor mount and ST-16 contact points.





The front page of the instructions shows a color rendering of the Defender. It looked black and white to me.
But in step 28, you are told the lower payload section is painted silver.
I would have preferred to paint the tube off the model without masking. I felt it needed a third accent color.




I went with aluminum instead of the suggested silver.
Here's how it looked after the mask was removed.




The Kevlar extended 5" over the top of the main tube. I'll add a few wraps of masking tape to prevent any zippering.

24" of elastic is provided in the kit. But, with three engines and three ejection charges, I'll feel better if the shock cord was longer.
I found a 12" piece of elastic and tied it to the end of the 24" long piece.

The snap swivel hooks were pushed through the knot. This put the two 12" parachutes about 1/3 the way down from the payload section.

No comments:

Post a Comment