Monday, December 17, 2012

V2 Recovered!

Well, Merry Christmas to me!

I was gone for a month since my V2 landed in a tall tree at November's R.O.C.K. launch.
While I'd given up on getting it back, I didn't know that other members of the R.O.C.K. group were "trimming the tree".

Roger and Bracha Smith made too many trips to the launch site trying to knock it down with a rope and weight.
As I understand it, other members of the club came back with saws. Roger and Bracha gave it to me when I picked up Roger for the TTRA launch on Saturday.

Sure it sat in the tree for a month, but it is in very good shape!
I'll have to replace the center tube and some major fin repairs are needed.

It'll fly again - in thanks to those who took the time to get it out of the tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment