Friday, February 15, 2013

MPC Taurus - 1 Build Part 9 Paint and Decals


I would have liked to paint the rocket like the face card, silver with black fins.
Masking any metallic paint can discolor the metal finish, so the fins won't get a shot of black. The booster tubes will be black.
The nose cone is gloss red.
This is my favorite part of the build, when all the prep work comes together.
The roll pattern decals got a coat of liquid decal film. These decals are old and I wanted to insure they would transfer easily.

These roll patterns all have a white undercoat.
Four colors -  red, aluminum black and white should be more than enough on a model this size.

Even after coating the old decals with the decal film, they wouldn't release from the backing paper after soaking in water!
I even tried rubbing off the paper backing thinking I could just glue the decal on like a wrap, but no luck.
I'll have to improvise, this model really needs a roll pattern below the nose cone.

No comments:

Post a Comment