Sunday, February 3, 2013

Pledge / Future TIP

I've read about Pledge/Future floor finish on the forums.
Here's what the latest bottle art looks like - 
Many have great success with it, saying it gives their models an additional gloss.
I've never had great luck with it.

I've brushed it on and tried to pick up the drips - it's very thin and runs.
Another time it was sprayed on. I just didn't feel in control of it once it's out of the bottle.
I knew it could help seal the edges on my home print decals.


Tonight I tried it on the Cobalt "Orange" ink jet printed decals.
But this time, I applied it lightly, only on the decal and it's edges with a Q-Tip applicator.

The Q-tip was dipped into Pledge and the excess rolled off onto a paper towel. For just covering the decals you don't want the cotton tip saturated. What little is left on the tip will easily cover a decal and the area around it.

The picture shows it after the acrylic coat dried around the decal. The Pledge did seem to get underneath the decal edge and seal it to the fin surface - better than it was before.

No comments:

Post a Comment