Monday, February 4, 2013

Quest Aerospace One Part 17 Step 21 Bad Intake Tube

I had some problems with the intake tube.
The mask went fine, the color separation was looking good.

When the tape was being pulled off, it pulled up a layer of the tube.
It didn't just pull up the paint but a layer of paper underneath the paint!
This had to be a bad gluing of the paper tube layers. In all my years of rocket building, I've never had the tube layers separate like this.

The second picture shows how the tube layer pulled up where the gluing mask was.
If you go back to the first "Parts" post, I made a comment about the 50mm tube, about how wide the seams were.

Luckily, I had some other Quest 50mm tubing handy. I'll cut and make another intake tube.
This scrap 50mm tubing I had looked to be better quality than the tube that came in the kit.

On the back end of the wing was some rough scraping and leftover glue from the first time I glued the wing on.
I wanted to cover this up without hitting it with paint again.

I cut a patch piece from a white decal sheet.
I sprayed a clear sheet of decal paper (overall) with white paint.
This piece (the backing is still on it here) will work like a white decal and should fit and cover up the rough, discolored area.

No comments:

Post a Comment