Sunday, June 29, 2014

Fliskits MACME Shrew Build, Part 2, Engine Mount and Marking



The internal BT-2.5 (motor mount) tube is cut to 3 5/8" long.
A piece of paper was wrapped and taped for a marking guide.

This tubing is small and strong. It cut very easily.  
The instructions say to install the engine block using a MicroMaxx engine casing. I didn't pack one with me.
I did have some coffee stirring sticks that were just under 1/4" wide.
These were marked at 1" (MMX engine length) and 7/8" so the engine would stick out 1/8" with the block glued in place.

A ring of glue was placed inside the tube with a Q-tip marked at 3/4".
The glue ring was set slightly lower than the final location for the engine block. This insures the block will slide into the glue ring and hopefully make a small fillet above the engine block.


The instructions have you draw a black line down one side of the engine mount tube and a red line directly opposite it.
I don't have colored pens so I'll just have to be careful not to get the sides mixed up.
(Later I got the colored pens and did it right!)

This tube is too small a diameter to fit into an aluminum angle or door frame.
I used my fingers as a depth gauge and did the best I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment