Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Mexico Projects

I'm stuck in Mexico for the next two months, all of June and July.
While here, I'll keep the blog going as best I can, hope the Internet connection is good!
There may only be one post per day, depending on how much content is in the post and the Internet.
I've packed some small projects to work on during the day.

I drew this one up last September, the first time in Mexico.
The Black Brant VB is a BT-5 based carded model. All the data came from the Alway book, Rockets of the World.
Carded models are flat, light and easy to pack.

Below that is a tail cone for a conical stabilized model. It should replace the Flic Shuttle in the combo kit.


Here's how the BT-5 tubes were packed. They went right next to my laptop. The protective tube is around a BT-55 size. All three BT-5s slid in without distortion.
There's a El WalMarto close by if I forgot anything.
I've packed a break-off blade knife, sanding block, 400 grit sandpaper, ruler and pencil.
Don't forget dowels, Sharpie pen and Q-tips!


A new article will be written for the Apogee Peak Of Flight newsletter. I'll explain how to tie up a no tangle parachute. The shroud lines will be untangled after construction and flight.
I've brought enough to keep me busy during the days.

No comments:

Post a Comment