Saturday, October 31, 2015

Estes QCC Explorer Build Part 18, Intake Fillets

I used Titebond M&T glue for fillets on the lower 2/3rds of the intake joint. There is no way to get a good glue fillet under the inside top of the intake.

The Titebond M&T Glue skins over before you can wipe it off. I decided to use white glue for the fillets under the intake front.
You can't apply it right out of the bottle, the nozzle won't fit.

I used a small drop on Q-tips to transfer the glue then immediately wiped off the excess.

Glue was applied to the rounded top of the intake first, then the sides were done.
Use a Q-tip once, then throw it away.

After the upper white glue fillets dried - 
I lightly dragged the tip of my knife blade over the upper intake joint and could feel bubbles in the dried white glue.
I went back and did the upper fillets using Titebond M&TG.




The fin tabs were just a little long on all four fins.
On the left is the before, the inset picture shows the fit fin after sanding down the tab.

No comments:

Post a Comment