Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Tri-Fold with Kevlar - TIP

Here's a smart variation on the Estes tri-fold mount.
If the shock cord breaks at the mount, simply tie on a new one, onto the Kevlar loop. 


"When I build new rockets I always use a motor mount-attached Kevlar shock cord, but I have some old rockets that were built by other people who used the conventional rubber or elastic cords glued into a "teabag." When (not if) these cords break, they always break at the mount, where they receive the most heat from ejection. My repair solution is a hybrid. I make a "shopping bag" with a Kevlar loop to replace the old teabag mount, and then loop the new shock cord to that. So far, the cords are lasting longer."

1 comment:

  1. Just found this... looks awesome. I'm definitely gonna try this next time I do a tri-fold.

    ReplyDelete