Friday, May 27, 2016

Estes Nike Smoke Parts Pictures

From the Estes website,
Here's the previous parts picture for the new Estes Nike Smoke kit:


They (almost) have the correct parts shown now - 


I think Estes is messing with us.
Maybe I'm missing something, but why are there two BT-60 tubes shown?
According to the Centuri plans CLICK HERE the main body tube is around 13" long.
The older Centuri Nike Smoke is very close in size to the new Estes kit.
There should only be one BT-60 tube shown.

Here's the kit parts from a TRF post from Flyfalcons.
You can see everything except the parachute, shock cord, decals and launch lugs. They are in the small bag beneath the centering rings -


The kit instructions haven't been posted yet.

3 comments:

  1. Could the "mystery ship" parts picture be an upcoming variation of the Deep Space Transport? I'm still intrigued by this...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Openroad,
      I looked up the Deep Space Transport. I wasn't too familiar with that design, that was released when I was out of rocketry for some time.
      I can see where you are going, it might be a variation on that design. the differences with only three fins and the crescent shaped pieces make me also think of the Centuri Taurus suggested by Astron Wolf in a separate comment.
      I'm also intrigued. It's like Estes left an "easter egg".

      Delete
  2. It's that Honest John nosecone that has me thinking DST variation, though using it in place of the reducer-tubing-nosecone setup on the original Taurus would work very nicely. Guess we'll find out eventually...I hope!

    ReplyDelete