Saturday, May 14, 2016

My Rocketry Favorites

If I could only have five rockets in my fleet (today), they would be - 

Dr. Zooch Saturn V - My favorite (manageable sized) scale model.

Sirius Rocketry Interogator - A truly beautiful design. Lots of decals, too.

FlisKits Honest John - A small one has to be on the list. Arrow straight and high MMX flights.

Odd'l Rockets Cyclone - Amazing to watch the recovery No moving parts and the upper half almost hovers. This would be a favorite even if somebody else produced the kit.

BMS 3" School Rocket - A new favorite. A sturdy, big demo model, perfect match with a E9-4.

My choices take everything into consideration. Kit and parts quality, fit and finish, instructions and flight characteristics.
Bear in mind, I'm a builder first. Some kits are just better engineered than others.

2 comments:

  1. Great post.

    Did you mean the Cyclone (vs. Corkscrew)? Still haven't had a chance to fly mine yet, argh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Neil, Thanks for the correction. That goes to show what happens when you post too late at night!

      Delete