Friday, May 6, 2016

Thrustline Arapahoe C, Part 3, Fin Pattern Printing



To get a print of the re-sized fin patterns,
Go to FILE,
Click on PRINT / EXPORT PDF







This window is brought up.
Click on ARAPAHOE, to clear all the boxes,
Then click on FIN TEMPLATES.





These patterns should show up.
This main fin is from Page 3.
Pages 1 and 2 show the long gussets as two pieces.


From that print out, I drew up a fin pattern sheet. I'll print it out on card stock.
The name font is close to the original. The downloaded font took some editing to get it close.

I made a mistake here -
I took the fin pattern from the Open Rocket file. You can't draw fin root edges that curve around a tail cone. I went back and added the root edge curve to my Corel art.

2 comments:

  1. The fins in the OR file could be attached to a smaller phantom tube at the end (sized to the small end of the tail cone) and then the root could be drawn to the appropriate curve. You can get pretty accurate that way. I'd still smooth out the curve in a drawing program afterwards anyway, but to get started I personally like to get the OR file as exact as possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Neil,
      I realize that now. I posted it to (hopefully) save somebody else some frustration.

      Delete