Sunday, September 10, 2017

Apogee Shrockets Skonk Wulf Build, Part 14, Decals and Canopy Sticker


Here's the stick-ons included in the kit. Maybe it's just me, but I hate stick-ons.
That clear border always shows up as a thick edge around the image. This decal could be carefully cut to remove most of the clear border but that wouldn't work with most of the others.







UPGRADE: I redrew the decals, all were printed in black. Here's the decal sheet getting three coats of clear acrylic.



I did use the canopy window decal supplied with the kit. There was no clear border around it and this would be a very difficult mask to pull off.
I was concerned it wouldn't fit around the contour of the nose cone. After burnishing it did lay down well without wrinkling.
But - a problem. I was burnishing it down and some of the blue ink rubbed off! I had to go back and mask the canopy and spray a blue blend in the middle. The blend came out very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment