Wednesday, September 20, 2017

My First NARAM, 1975!

George Gassaway posted a link to the CAPCOM Newsletter from September of 1975. George is looking for a different issue of the newsletter with the plans for the Rotoroc 3.
The linked issue had extensive coverage of NARAM 17, held in Orlando, Florida. Who would have ever thought I would end up living here.
To see the issue: CLICK HERE

At NARAM 17, I did enter in the Boost Glider, Rocket Glider, Robin Egg Loft, Pee Wee Payload and Streamer Duration. I did place, tying for second place in Streamer Duration. Check out the names - I was in some pretty good company!

One great thing about the NARAM was meeting all the rocketry celebrities. G. Harry Stine, Vern and Gleda Estes, Dane Boles (Estes), Howard Kuhn (CMR), Lonnie Reese and Doug Pratt (FSI), Bob Del Principe (Centuri) and all the competitors I had read about in magazines and newsletters.

1 comment:

  1. Chris. You were in very good company. All those names are ones I remember being mentioned frequently in The Model Rocketeer, and even further back in Model Rocketry Magazine. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete