Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Apogee Shrockets Skonk Wulf Build, Part 10, Another Mask!



This shows how the leading edge is painted, just the underside is left white.
The area in the corner of the gun tip will have to be touched up with a brush.


This is how the model looks so far.







I had to do another complete mask to paint the rear of the body tube. This was tricky, I had to mask the fin root edges and around the back of the model to the engine tube.



The dark grey mask came out well.
I used a wrap of Contact paper vinyl blackboard material around the engine tube. I didn't want to do another weird paint mask there!

1 comment:

  1. That first picture looks like some kind of modern art. Nice job on the masking Chris. I haven't been in the mood for complicated masks lately, hence why the Bomarc is still white. I have been studying the paint scheme and will definitely work on it soon. I need to make sure it's up to your standards, or close anyway.

    ReplyDelete