Saturday, September 9, 2017

Apogee Shrockets Skonk Wulf Build, Part 13, Nose Tip Mask

Some test cutting was done for the nose tip ring.
A black trim ring goes around the nose cone tip and over the edge of the silver. I didn't want to risk another small mask.

I cut some Contact Paper Blackboard Vinyl with a rigged up cutting compass. I know there are better circle cutters out there but this will do in a pinch. It took a few tries to get the arc width even.




On the left is one of the early tries. The cheap compass did wobble a bit.

On the right is the best ring I made.



On the left you can barely see the mask line between the two previous colors. This was lightly sanded between coats. The sanded paint helped fill what was left of the mask line.

I didn't do a real clean mask, the edge of the silver was going to be covered with the black ring.





The edge of the the silver paint was sanded with some 400 grit wrapped around the end of  a Q-tip.

No comments:

Post a Comment