Sunday, September 26, 2010

Bad Estes Instruction Drawings

I put a lot of time into producing the instruction sheets for my Odd'l Rocket kits and other vendors. I know how much time it takes to get everything in it's place.
With all due respect to Estes, some of these are pretty funny.


When I was looking through the Estes Saturn V instructions, I ran across the "Countdown Kid".
Please, find this kid a new hair stylist.
You'd think he would cover his mouth when coughing.



A scary monster hand packs a parachute from
the K-5 Apogee kit instructions.






Who can forget the talented "Talking Paint Brushes" from the old Estes Saturn 1B instructions.
Insert you own cartoon voices here.





The "Evil Eye" lines up the tailcone marking guides
on the V-2.





A personal favorite and source of nightmares, some of the suggested paint schemes from the Astron Spaceman kit.

That top row, middle drawing has Eddie Cantor's eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment