Friday, September 3, 2010

Fredom 7 Build Part 10 Tower

The LES canister is glued to the three legs of the tower. The three tower legs glue to the base under the strip wrap that was placed up, 1/16" from the bottom.

I'd mentioned earlier that I did this step twice. I'll show the change after this assembly is painted red. Notice the angle of the tower legs coming away from the LES canister, Right now they are forming an open V shape at the free end.


The small balsa triangle is carefully cut away. Try not to remove any wood from the inside tower sides. Here I'm sanding away any remaining glue.





I made a holder for spray painting out of a dowel. Masking tape wraps support the tower sides. At the top of the dowel a pin was inset to raise the LES so paint could reach underneath.

No comments:

Post a Comment