Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Semroc Little Joe II Build Part 7 Body Wraps


I built a little out of order from the instructions. The wraps actually should have been put on before the fins were made.

While the instructions say to use glue to attach the wraps to the body tube, I use spray adhesive so I have a little more time to set them down straight.

In the picture you can see I've already filled the body tube seams, primed and sanded the body tube smooth. A line was drawn down the body tube for the wrap alignment.


The lower wrap was rolled into place without any problems. The match of the ends was very close.

The instructions just say to apply the wider second wrap "close" to the first wrap. I probably put the upper wrap a little too close to the lower one. Not a big deal.

This might lead to some problems with the decal and black band placement later on, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment