Friday, January 30, 2015

Asking Permission Might Be A Good Start!

If you follow the blog, you might recognize this rocket.
It's my two engine cluster model called the Big Girtha. It was adapted from a Quest Big Betty kit.

I took this picture before it was launched at the Tampa TTRA monthly.
Then I saw it in a EBAY listing. Maybe I should be flattered, but I'm not.

A vendor was selling his 808 "Spy" cameras using my picture. Farther down the Ebay listing is a link to my YouTube video from the flight.

I didn't buy and build the rocket, buy the camera, fly it, edit the video and post it for somebody else to make a profit. Build your own model, fly your camera and post your pictures.

Just because you can "Right Click", "Copy and Paste" doesn't mean you own or have the right to profit from somebody else's work. Don't assume "Oh, he's one of us, he won't care!" This is a business and part of my income.
I wrote the vendor twice and he did pull the pictures and video link.

3 comments:

  1. Guess you told him!
    bradycros

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some people's kids!!!!! I have had a similar experience. It is a good thing when someone calls a person on the carpet for misappropriation of data, blood, sweat, tears, and headaches. I am happy it worked for you. Others are not even close to being semi honest and continue to use others ideas and put forth the work as their own.

    ReplyDelete