Thursday, January 1, 2015

FlisKits Mercury Redstone Build Part 21, The Kit Tower

I know, this one was posted a few days ago before realizing it was out of order.
I pulled it and am posting it today.

I decided to use the kit card stock towers. The built up pieced towers just looked too thick.
The kit provides two card stock towers. It's a good thing, the first one didn't turn out well.


The first tower was "scored" by running the blunt backside of a single edge razor blade over the fold lines.
When it was folded the printed red tower lines cracked!

I don't usually have this problem with scoring and embossing a printed fold line.





The second tower folds were lightly cut with a sharp knife.
This opens up the outside of the paper but looks better than the cracked ink.
On the left is the first try, on the right is the tower with the lightly cut lines.

2 comments:

  1. You could always do what paper modelers often do to hide those cut edges (which in general are white) -- run a felt tip pen (of appropriate colour) along those cut edges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Naoto,
    I've done that before. Black felt tip pens work great on black ink. All other colors are a crap shoot! If I can get a fine tip red pen I might give it a try.

    ReplyDelete