Monday, January 26, 2015

TLP Pershing #K046 Build, Part 20, Tunnels Contour

TIP: Sometimes you get a better fit sanding the underside curve on a smaller body tube than what is used in the kit.
The only large (smaller) tube I had was on my Estes V2. (That V2 will get repainted someday.)
A smaller diameter tube takes more balsa off of the underside center making a better fit on the larger kit tube.




The end bevels were sanded after the underside curve was done.

The 1/4" mark was made with my engineers angle.



Use a block to sand the end bevels.
With the curve underneath I didn't sand the bevels to a knife edge.
The inset picture shows the final shape.

2 comments:

  1. Where did you get your engineers angle? That looks like the perfect size for this hobby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eddie,
      I got mine from Model Expo
      http://www.modelexpo-online.com/product.asp?ITEMNO=JS370-2
      It doesn't look like the same one I bought ten years ago. Still, I'm sure it would work fine.
      This is one of those tools you don't think you need but end up using quite a bit.

      Delete