Wednesday, January 7, 2015

FlisKits Mercury Redstone Build, Follow-up Launch Lug

I went back to the FlisKits Mercury Redstone and added a removable 1/8" launch lug.

The kit uses a 1/8" launch lug glued to a square sided toothpick for a standoff.
The Square toothpick is perfect for standoff, when the ends are trimmed, all sides are square.

Before gluing on the standoff, I cut the lug end angles first.
This allows me to sand and remove any rolled over "flash" from the lug ends.




The lug was glued to the standoff.
After the glue was dry the toothpick ends were trimmed off, slightly long.








The long toothpick ends were sanded flush with the angled ends of the launch lug.

I don't know if I'll use the lug and standoff.
On a model this small even a 1/8" lug looks huge.
I may end up making a pop lug.

No comments:

Post a Comment