Monday, January 5, 2015

MPC Cadet Cruiser, Part 2 Engine Mount & Fin Can



"Launch in less than One Hour!" We'll see.
I normally take more time building than most.

The engine hook isn't spring steel.
The bent ends seem a little long.
The ends were trimmed back easily with some small wire cutters.



The instructions say to "Tape ove the hook with a piece of clear tape".
I went with electrical tape and found it too wide to slip into the fin can opening.
I ended up using a wider piece of Scotch tape than the instruction illustration showed.

The vague instructions said to "Slide it into the fin can. Glue both ends with model cement."

I layed down a line of plastic cement in the fin can hole, slid in the mount flush with the end of the plastic can. The instructions don't say how far in to glue the engine mount tube.

A fillet of plastic cement was added around the top.



There is no engine block ring.
I cut a 1/4" long piece from a used engine casing.

I didn't want to use the thin paper tri-fold mount.
The block was notched and a line of 135 lb. Kevlar tied on.
The block was glued in the top of the tube over the top of the engine hook bend.

No comments:

Post a Comment