Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Replacement Altimeter

I just had a nice talk with Christine at Estes.
I called to see about a return authorization number for my Estes Altimeter. I've launched it five times without much success.
The last flight registered "0 ft."

Christine asked a few questions about how I used it. I know she was trying to see if I was just a kid trying to get free merchandise.
"Were there holes punched in the payload sections?"
I explained I followed directions.
She told me there was only five Altimeters replaced last year!

She asked for my address and we talked for a moment about other people I used to know at Estes.
Christine said it wasn't necessary to send it back, she'll send a new one out in a week to 10 days!
I've heard good stories about Estes Customer Service. A few years back I tried to contact them about a few bad engines I never got a response.
You've got to call the number on the Estes Website on the Contact Page.

No comments:

Post a Comment