Wednesday, January 7, 2015

MPC Cadet Cruiser, Part 4, Fin Decor and Gluing




Stickers are supplied for fin decor.
It's easiest to lift them off the sheet with your knife. Leave them on the knife for placement on the fin sides.
I applied the stickers before gluing the fins into the fin can slots. you can better center the stickers with the fins free, off the model.
 Again the directions are vague about how to glue the fins on.
"Slide each fin from the bottom up into the slots in the fin can and secure in place with model glue."
Plastic glue would be too messy so I applied a drop of thin CA to the top and bottom letting the glue run down the joint.
TIP: Always have a paper towel in hand when using CA to pick up any runs or drips.





The nose cone eyelet was closed. The instructions make no mention of opening it up.
I used my knife tip to clear the plastic flash.
A #11 X-Acto would be a better choice over my break off blade knife.

No comments:

Post a Comment