Monday, January 4, 2016

Estes Klingon Battle Cruiser, #1274, Build Part 14, Primary Hull Halves


The back end of the primary hull halves is cut out to wrap around the forward BT-5 tube.
I found it easier to stand the half on end and score it from the inside.



Wrap the BT-5 section with 220 grit sandpaper.
Sand the rough cut end round over the tube.



Two pats of nose weight clay are supplied, one is .45 oz, the other is .25 oz. Both bits of clay were combined and cut into two equal parts.
I used my scale to get two equal weight pats of clay.




A clay half is used in each hull side.
A 1/2" diameter dowel was pressed into the clay to shape it to fit the upper BT-5 tube section.
Keep the clay off the edges that will get glue.

5 comments:

  1. I can't find the rest of this build series. Where is it posted?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi K Soldier,
      This is one of those rare builds that I didn't finish - yet. The build was ridiculously difficult, I got frustrated with it. I may get back to it down the road. Sorry about that!

      Delete
    2. Need my address? I'll finish it for you! LOL.
      Thanks for the reply and thanks for posting your great tutorials, the information is priceless and appreciated!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Heh. Well, I don't need one because I just got one, it was a donated item I picked up at our club meeting tonight. Open but all the crucial parts are there, just a few easily replaced pieces missing. With any luck by the time I get around to building it Chris will have finished his and written it up...

      Delete