Thursday, January 21, 2016

New Way A-20 Demon Build Part 16, Decals and Finished




The instructions said this upper Demon wrap is the most difficult to apply but I didn't have any problems.

The New Way instructions said to place it 1/2" down from the top of the tube. The old Estes catalog pictures showed it about 1/8" from the top. The 1/8" spacing looked too tight for me. I compromised at a 1/4" spacing.



The finished square Demon looks great! 
The New Way square tubing does need some extra filling and smooth sanding. This was a fun build and an escape from the ordinary
The face card says it uses a D12-3 engine. My build weighs in at about 4 oz.
I would think a D12-5 is a better fit.












I'm looking forward to flying this one.
LAUNCH UPDATE: From the January 9 NEFAR Launch, scroll down to the bottom:
CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment