Tuesday, January 5, 2016

New Way A-20 Demon Build Part 1, Parts

I'm taking a short break from the Estes Klingon Battle Cruiser. Believe me, I need a break from all the vacu-form parts! It'll start up again after this build is finished.



I've wanted to build one of the New Way kits for a while.

Many sub assemblies are in separate bags.

I'd like to see how the nose cones are shaped! The balsa is smooth and workmanship is clean.


Of course the basis for these kits is the square tubing.
The "diameter" is like a BT-55. The Estes Demon was a BT-55 model so this rocket is the same height as the original.
The tube walls are thicker than normal. Some have commented that the square tubes are heavy, but for sport flying its fine.

The tubes don't have a glossy surface and the seams are a bit deeper than on a regular round tube. It may take a little more work to fill and smooth but will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment