Monday, January 25, 2016

New Estes Mercury Redstone Kit Run


I had heard that Estes corrected the decals on the Mercury Redstone kit. I saw the new kit run yesterday at Hobby Lobby.

The face card is now a black background, much like the Saturn V (#2157) and new Little Joe II.
The vertical UNITED STATES decal looks to be a darker red, the plastic capsule and tower parts still look pink to me.






The "MR8" is a correction builders are looking for. You can see it above the fins.
MR8 designates the Liberty Bell 7 flight.

Thanks to Estes for listening and making the corrections.

2 comments:

  1. I received one of these MR's in a recent Craig's List haul and it has become one of my favorite rockets to launch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lonnie,
      Even though I made mine (sold on Ebay) with a 24mm mount, the C6 engine surprised me and does give it a pretty good ride.

      Delete