Thursday, December 19, 2019

Semroc V2 Build, Part 12, Fix!


Why post mistakes, assembly and paint problems? We're all in the same boat, mishaps happen to all of us. Hopefully there are lessons learned that lead to a better build the next time around.

Here's where I was left after pulling the simple around the tube mask. I've seen this before, metallic paints don't stick as well as normal paint. They lift easier and can tear along the mask line.
I didn't want to sand the entire upper extension, then go back to spraying the white and silver again.

I masked off the white to protect it right on the silver mask line with brown masking tape. This is only to protect the white surface while the rough silver edge is smoothed down. I only have to sand the area around the tear. Metallic paint over spraying blends well.


Scotch tape mask went right on the previous line. This was followed by brown tape and copy paper below it.






Whew!
This time I got a clean mask.
Time to glue the extension tube on over the coupler.

1 comment: