Monday, December 9, 2019

Semroc V2 Build, Part 2, More Parts

On the left is one of the "scale" sized fins I had cut and shaped earlier. These smaller fins require an additional 1/2 oz of nose weight in addition to the washer weight at the nose cone! I'll be making the larger fins.

Two of the three launch lugs are cut to make "pull-out" plugs that glue to the tail cone between the fins.

The gauze square is used to hold the shock cord inside the body tube. I don't remember any other kit that used this gauze for shock cord retention.

Along the bottom are the small fin actuators. The kit does supply them laser cut from balsa but I shaped them from basswood. It's not any fun to try and fill balsa grain on small parts like this. I'll only need eight of them. I cut out a few extras.



Here's the Estes fin templates - the larger semi-scale and smaller scale fins.
These templates will be used later to consistently position the actuators.







I had previously tied some Kelvar to the engine block before gluing the engine tube in the tail cone.
Look close at the sides of the tube - they are out of round!
I have no problem sliding an engine in and out from the bottom. The top of the drilled tail cone is a little off. This won't effect the flight of the model.

No comments:

Post a Comment