Monday, December 30, 2019

Tools, The Essentials - Q-Tips

If you've followed the blog, you know I go through a lot of Q-tips.
I buy the cheap ones at the Dollar Tree Store, 350 for $1.00.

* I use them to pick up glue blobs, where my finger can't reach. They can only be used once, after the glue dries.
* Q-tips are great for working water and air bubbles out from under water slide decals.
* They make great touch-up brushes. Maybe not as good as a decent brush but do work in a pinch.
* The middle tubes are hollow plastic. They work as Micro Maxx launch lugs. These are plastic, so use an appropriate glue to attach to a body tube.
* I use them for the Kevlar shock cord guide tube on replaceable Kevlar engine mounts.

1 comment:

  1. Chris, Been loving your "Tools" blogs - thanks!

    I know everyone has their own techniques, wanted to add plain old toothpicks to the list of tools people may want to consider. I use scads of them. Pretty much, for any application of liquid (glues, paint, etc) in small amounts that require precision placement, I find the point of a toothpick to be indispensable. Combined with the fact that they are dirt cheap (actually, after doing some yard work recently, I am pretty sure dirt is more expensive that toothpicks :), I have a bucket of them sitting next to my bucket of Q-Tips.

    Happy 2020 everyone! (Incidentally, where is my jet pack and flying car...?)

    ReplyDelete