Friday, November 6, 2020

Estes Asteroid Hunter #3224, Build, Part 7, Side & Bottom Brace Gluing



I added a short glue fillet at the tube side and bulwark joint. 

With the upper and lower braces in place I couldn't do a fillet all the way around the tube. A complete fillet wouldn't be needed anyway.



Looking ahead, I thought it would be easier to fill and prime the AA side pieces before gluing on the side of the assembly.
I was wrong!
You end up sanding into the flat sides when the cardstock skin edges are sanded down.
The inset picture shows me clearing the slots of CWF.
  

The AA side pieces were glued onto the sides of the interior assembly.

I used masking tape to hold the side pieces in place while the glue dried.

Underneath, the two BB piece braces were glued in their notches.

No comments:

Post a Comment