Thursday, November 26, 2020

Estes Asteroid Hunter #3224, Build, Finished




This was a Skill Level 5 adventure!
I've never assembled a built-up model rocket like this before.

On the left is one of the smaller nozzles, the gluing area had the paint scraped off.




I actually went back, masked and re-sprayed the small laminate fin tips a gloss metallic black.
In total there were four different colors used. Light Gray, Dark Gray, Metallic Silver and Metallic Black, and some careful use of dull coat.




The guns were also sprayed with metallic black. The two guns slide into the forward launch lug holes for display. 




I thought about darkening in the "slot" areas on the nose cone, but decided to put a fork in it - DONE!

Next up - The NEW Estes Saturn 1B!

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Lonnie,
      Now, if I ever get the nerve to fly it!

      Delete
  2. Well done indeed! I never even considered getting one of these and now I can’t find one for an affordable price!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi rraeford,
      I had a little trouble finding this kit. I agree, it's a weird design but I wanted a good challenge for the blog.

      Delete
  3. What is your eBay handle under which you sell your models?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rraeford,
      I don't sell many finished models much anymore. My Odd'l Rockets kits are sold through jonrocket.com, apogeerockets.com, erockets.biz and siriusrocketry.com.

      Delete