Saturday, November 14, 2020

Estes Asteroid Hunter #3224, Build, Part 14, Even Up The Smaller Fins

The fins got a coat of CWF, sanding and a shot of filler/primer and more sanding. 

Why do I fill then glue the pieces together? I wouldn't be able to get the tight angles underneath the "R" trim pieces smooth. Once you lay down a glue fillet you are stuck with balsa grain in that area. 

The smaller top and bottom fins have trim pieces glued on both sides of the top.



In the above picture, I'm using the flat side of my sanding block to even up the top of the three pieces.

The top might be flat, but the underside could be uneven. I set my knife blade along the bottom to show they were a little off. These were evened up from the bottom before the glue set up. 






I can always sand the top flat afterwards, knowing the bottom is now square.
 
Oh boy - more CWF filler and filler/primer!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment