Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Fliskits Mystery - Lost Package!


I took advantage of the Fliskits anniversary special. Jim Flis was offering free shipping for the month of September. I ordered a five-pack of MicroMaxx engines for 30 engines in total. With the free shipping, this was a great price. The order was sent in about the 20th of September.

I was gone for the weekend doing some work with my (former) brother-in-law. When I got back, I checked the mailbox and front porch - nothing.
A week passed and still no package!

I contacted Jim Flis by email, he said to wait a few more days just to be sure it wasn’t caught up in the mail. I waited and still no delivery.

Jim wrote back and said he’d send out another five pack of engines. If the others arrived, he told me not to open them and simply “return to sender”, or I could send him a check for the "missing engines". The new, replacement engine shipment arrived just a few days later.

My neighbor, a pilot for FedEx, had been gone for quite a while. On his return, he knocked on my door with the first FlisKits order!
He explained it looked like it was going to rain. He saw the package on my doorstep and took it into his home. That same day he left for two weeks of flying.

He could have left a note on the door!
I ended up sending Jim Flis a check for the 30 extra engines. I now have 60 Micro Maxx engines.

No comments:

Post a Comment