Friday, October 1, 2010

Wolverine Downscale "How To" Part 3 Fins


A trip over to the Semroc "Classics" page gave me a nearly complete parts listing.
Click HERE to see the original size body parts for dimensions.

For example: A search told me the BT-50H body was 7.75" long.
Multiply 7.75" X .56 (scale factor) and the new BT-5 downsize tube ends up being 4.34" long.

Even though I couldn't get the fin pattern from JimZs (see the templates HERE) to print out correctly, I still used the larger images to re-trace the larger fins then reduce them in Corel Draw.

A copy of the oversize fin pattern was loaded into Corel Draw.
I knew the original root edge of the "wing" fin was 2 25" long. I'll use that length to downsize the copy.
I multiplied 2.25" X .56 (scale factor) and got a downsize root edge length of 1.26"

I drew a line parallel to the root edge and made that line exactly 1.26" long.
Enlarge the screen capture picture to understand what was done.

The entire imported fins drawing was picked and reduced so the root edge of the larger wing fin was the same length as the 1.26" long line. With the entire drawing reduced, I could trace the wing, rudder and forward fins to the correct downsize scale.

After the fins were drawn, the background copy was deleted leaving the new fin tracings.

No comments:

Post a Comment