Friday, October 1, 2010

Wolverine Downscale Part 4 "How To" "Decals"


This is a cropped screen capture from my Corel Draw software.

I loaded in a copy of the decal scan from the Wolverine instructions on JimZs site. The decal scan wasn't very clean and had yellowed quite a bit. I'll have to re-draw it.

In the center is the canopy decal.
I drew lines around the black canopy shape and filled it in with white for this example. Before using it, it'll get filled with black, but I wanted to show the drawn outline.

The rectangles, circles and bars weren't a problem to trace and fill.
The "45" numbers took some tweaking. I found a font that was close and set it directly over the 45 on the decal scan. I had to "push and pull" some of the corner vectors to get it to match up. In the end, it'll be real close.
After everything was re-drawn, the older yellow decal scan is deleted and the new, crisp art is left.
This re-draw won't be used to make a water-slide decal. On my drawing software, the redrawn elements will be set on top of a gray body wrap to be printed on 100 lb. cardstock.

No comments:

Post a Comment